Ingage is growing our team of Agilists who are experienced in Agile and Lean concepts and practices to help our clients deliver large, complex technology and business solutions.
Consulting with purpose
We are an employee-owned and award-winning IT Consulting company. We treat our Consultants like family and encourage our professionals to use business as a platform to bring real, positive change to our city.
Our day jobs are focused on delivering value to our clients, but our real passion is focusing on a “triple bottom line” of People, Planet, and Profit. We’re a Certified B Corp, with a strong culture of camaraderie, professional growth, and a shared belief in donating time and funds to charitable causes throughout Greater Cincinnati.
We’re not like other consulting firms in this region, and that’s why people love it here.
Ingage proudly supports
Ingage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
- Coach teams in continuous improvement, self-organization, risk identification, dependency management, conflict resolution, and software craftsmanship.
- Demonstrate and foster a mindset of experimentation and learning within teams.
- Facilitate agile events such as planning, daily scrum, review, backlog refinement and retrospectives. Aid the team in realizing the value of each ceremony.
- Demonstrate and help teams apply frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) and principles of agility to the benefit of the team and organization.
- Challenge and enable continuous improvement through facilitating retrospectives and presenting new techniques or ways of working to the team.
- Understand empirical agile and flow-based metrics that can be used to help the team and organization improve.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, specifically leading by example (servant leader) and display behaviors that demonstrate the key mindset shifts associated with becoming agile.
- Remove impediments preventing the team from accomplishing their goals. Help the team learn to identify dependencies, skill/knowledge gaps, and other impediments for their work.
- Coach others in the client organization around Agile practices and impacts that their actions have on the team.
- Anticipate client needs, act with the client in mind, exceed clients’ expectations, and gain the clients’ trust and respect.
You must have:
- 1+ years agile coaching, scrum master, or equivalent experience with at least two different agile teams
- Experience teaching and/or mentoring peers and/or teams
- Effective and candid communication
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) disciplines
- Bachelor’s in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a directly related field or equivalent in work experience
- Alignment with Ingage culture
- Desire to support and connect in community
Even better if you have:
- Coaching skills with the ability to communicate complex messages, ask powerful questions, and teach new concepts
- Experience with multiple frameworks and practices (Kanban, XP, ScrumBan, Lean)
- Knowledge of scaling frameworks (SAFe, DAD, Nexus, LeSS)
- Agile certification
- Experience with agile lifecycle management tools (JIRA, CA Agile Central, VersionOne)
- Knowledge of scaling frameworks (SAFe, Scrum @ Scale, Nexus, LeSS)
- Basic understanding of consulting business model